Sunday, August 3, 2014

What I like in America (Masha)

There're a lot of things I like in America. But I want to describe one strain of Americans: they are always ready to joy, even if the reason is absolutely insignificant. For example, recently I went to my cousin's birthday party. Almost all of her friends were Americans, so it was my first American party experience. All of them were very nice to me and to each other, but it's not something special, because, I think, it's common for all cultures - to be polite and nice on your friend's party.

But I saw something special when we came to presents opening. In Russia we don't give such attention to presents. Of course there is a tradition of giving presents for birthday, but you give it when you come to party and then everybody forgets about it. But here I saw the special tradition. Everybody gathered around my cousin, she opened presents one by one, reading the postcard. When she open a present and read the card, she thanked the person and gave him or her hugs and kisses, and everybody laughed, clapping their hands, everyone wanted to look at the present. It was real happiness! And I saw that it was separate tradition. I liked that people could make such a special moment of such a simple event. My cousin was happy to accept and guests were happy to give the presents. Everyone could feel, that he or she was very special for somebody. I think, it's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment