Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Grasshopper Leg (Ashley)




This art work is made by paper, text and photo. The text is king of a memo for things to do but the letters are sort of vague because it was written in pencil and faded throughout the years. But we can still see that even people in the past use that memo thing. And there is also a photo, actually I think it is just a part of a photo, showing a grasshopper’s leg and hand. Although it is a photo taken a long time ago I can still see the grasshopper leg on that person’s hand. There is also another piece of paper in the middle and I actually did not quite get the point of it being there for the letters are too vague to read. But the dots in it are really clear and I think it has the same meaning as the dots on the envelop in Missive that Hill wrote about. 
The first thing occurred to me was definitely how good the camera was at that time for I can see a tiny grasshopper leg that clearly.
And the other thing is I think one of the instructors I have in my college lied to us a little bit. In his opinion, we have a really bad memory that we have to use things to help us remember things. He also thinks that the reason we have such not good memory is that we rely too much on cellphones and computers nowadays. But after seeing this piece of art, I think I have an evidence to tell him that not only us have not good memory but also people in the past need a memo to help them remember things.

No comments:

Post a Comment