Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sisters of Biscuits and Pies (posted by Julia)



When I saw this artwork, I had many different impressions or imaginations what this can symbolize.
For me those rolling pins can symbolize humans or babies. They are all similar but not the same. Some are bigger, some smaller, some are made out of darker wood and some out of lighter. Humans or people are similar, how they look like or their shapes, but they are never completely the same.
This artwork made me feel comfortable, because it reminded me of the past: When I was a little girl, I used to go to my grandparent's house and baked with my grandma during christmastime. I always got a smaller rolling pin and my grandmother had a big one. So this art immediately won my favor. It made me feel good and I could connect it to my experiences and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment