Friday, August 1, 2014

What I like about California (Julia)

What I like is the kindness and how open-minded people in California or Berkeley are!
I wouldn't say Germans are grumpy or unfriendly, but it is just not typical for me and I never experienced this openness in Europe. (Maybe Californians are that friendly because the sun shines here most of the year.)
Especially when you go into a shop and immediately someone asks you, how you are and how he or she can help you. Even when I walk to the bus stop people or strangers just say hi and smile. When I talked to people and they noticed that I am not a native speaker, they ofter are even friendlier and very interested. You might have read my post about my interview with a Berkeley student, this is the perfect example for the kindness and openness of the people I met in California so far. I really like and appreciate that attitude and openness of people living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment