Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The art posted by Guo


The art I saw is like a picture in frame. Actually it is an embroidery with picture on it. The main picture comes to my eye is a lot of regular dots in my first sight. There is one dot in the first line and then the one dot becomes two in the second line and the two dots become four dots in the third line....it seems to show a kind of mathematical regularities. The background of the picture is the 26 letters by embroidery. Every letter changes a little which is also like a small embroidery pattern. I remember that the artist say she creates the art but it belongs to everyone and different people have different understanding of the art. For me this art called hyperbolic crochet means the world with the perceptual and the rational in human. The letters which look like pictures show the culture people create and the dots which show mathematical regularities represent the ratioanal skills that human have to make the society progress. The dots are more easy to be seen which I think means the rational skills are more important for human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment