Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Carpenter ( Kevin)

The most impressive thing for me today at the exhibition is Carpenter. As you can see, it contains Roman wood plane, nails, wax and rust. Several nails is sticking into the wax. At first, I could not figure out the meaning of this art. It is too abstract for me to understand because it looks like a normal object. Everything seems reasonable on it. Gradually, there's something I want to talk about. For me, this tool might be used do works by carpenter a long time ago. It is obvious that this tool is not used in the modern society. It represents ancient tool that is no longer used by people now. On the other hand, nails might represent modernization, or industry which destroyed old traditions. So, in my opinion, Carpenter is an art that means old traditions are gradually replaced by modern things.


No comments:

Post a Comment