Sunday, August 3, 2014

One Thing I Like in Berkeley (Jeremy)

A lecture is always a chance to make new friends. During my neuroscience class, I knew a Chinese guy majored in engineering, a charming French girl who is still in her high school and preparing her college life, but last class I knew somebody different.

For respect, I think I cannot call him "guy" because he's an old professor teaching chemistry. He told me that he is working in the field of Lithium battery. It surprised me that such a man busying researching would put his time on knowledges irrelevant to his work. When I asked him why he would take such a class, he said  he uses his brain everyday but know nothing about how it works, thus he wanna learn more about it. In other words, he take this class just for curious.

If take a overlook of the classroom, you can find that about one tenth of the students a obviously not college students, some of them are even too aged to walk promptly. But they are here, spend their money, their time and their energy to feed their curiosity. Their existence, along with UC Berkeley's students, created an environment of continually seeking for knowledge, inspiring every newcomer here, including me, to join them. I think this is how this college become outstanding and prestige, and how knowledge discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment